IB Physics Tutoring (HL) Specialists
Our Physics tutors provide 100% support to students in Sydney and specialise in IB Physics tutoring and all levels of University Physics. We are very science oriented and our Physics tutors are qualified and dedicated to teaching Physics HL at the highest standard.
Our Physics Tutoring (HL) Service
The Physics HL tutoring service that we provide extends beyond the classroom to help students enjoy the subjects that they study while creating an atmosphere of enthusiastic learning and creative thinking. This highly beneficial learning environment is achieved by providing students with the following.
Platinum Education Australia is an established organisation dedicated to provide Sydney students with 100% support to be accepted into the University degree of their choice. Our reliable and solid academic knowledge and teaching experience ensures students are well prepared for school examinations.
About the Course
Physics is the most fundamental of the experimental sciences as it seeks to explain the universe itself, from the very smallest particles to the vast distances between galaxies. Despite the exciting and extraordinary development of ideas throughout the history of physics, observations remain essential to the very core of the subject. Models are developed to try to understand observations, and these themselves can become theories that attempt to explain the observations.
Besides helping us better understand the natural world, physics gives us the ability to alter our environments. This raises the issue of the impact of physics on society, the moral and ethical dilemmas, and the social, economic and environmental implications of the work of physicists.
By studying physics students should become aware of how scientists work and communicate with each other. While the scientific method may take on a wide variety of forms, it is the emphasis on a practical approach through experimental work that characterizes the subject. Teachers provide students with opportunities to develop manipulative skills, design investigations, collect data, analyse results and evaluate and communicate their findings.
Core syllabus content | Students must study all of the following.
Topic 1 | Measurements and uncertainties.
Topic 2 | Mechanics.
Topic 3 | Thermal physics.
Topic 4 | Waves.
Topic 5 | Electricity and magnetism.
Topic 6 | Circular motion and gravitation.
Topic 7 | Atomic, nuclear and particle physics.
Topic 8 | Energy production.
Additional Higher Level
Topic 9 | Wave phenomena.
Topic 10 | Fields.
Topic 11 | Electromagnetic induction.
Topic 12 | Quantum and nuclear physics.
Option syllabus content | Students must study one of the following options.
A | Relativity.
B | Engineering physics.
C | Imaging.
D | Astrophysics.
Hornsby, NSW 2077, Australia
The Platinum Advantage
- Full year Physics courses in accordance with the NEW IB curriculum.
- Complete detailed Physics HL coverage on every core topic.
- Email support for students that have questions outside of Physics HL class times.
- Complementary problem solving tutorials with our IB Physics specialised tutors.
- Telephone tutor support for IB Physics HL students that require help while studying at home.
- Regular IB Physics HL practice topic, examinations covering the whole curriculum.
- Helping IB students with school work and assignments.
- Weekly IB Physics HL homework is given to students that is checked.
- Extra question time before and after Physics HL classes.
- Individual study plans for IB students to help them utilise their time effectively.
- An option of one-on-one IB Physics tutoring or classes.
- Exam planning and maximising IB scores.