IB Mathematics Tutoring (HL) Specialists
Our Mathematics tutors provide 100% support to students in Sydney and specialise in IB Mathematics tutoring and all levels of University Mathematics . We are very science oriented and our Mathematics tutors are qualified and dedicated to teaching Mathematics HL at the highest standard
Our Mathematics Tutoring (HL) Service
The Mathematics HL tutoring service that we provide extends beyond the classroom to help students enjoy the subjects that they study while creating an atmosphere of enthusiastic learning and creative thinking. This highly beneficial learning environment is achieved by providing students with the following.
Platinum Education Australia is an established organisation dedicated to provide Sydney students with 100% support to be accepted into the University degree of their choice. Our reliable and solid academic knowledge and teaching experience ensures students are well prepared for school examinations.
About the Course
The course focuses on developing important mathematical concepts in a comprehensible, coherent and rigorous way. This is achieved by means of a carefully balanced approach. Students are encouraged to apply their mathematical knowledge to solve problems set in a variety of meaningful contexts. Development of each topic should feature justification and proof of results. Students embarking on this course should expect to develop insight into mathematical form and structure, and should be intellectually equipped to appreciate the links between concepts in different topic areas. They should also be encouraged to develop the skills needed to continue their mathematical growth in other learning environments.
The internally assessed component, the exploration, offers students the opportunity for developing independence in their mathematical learning. Students are encouraged to take a considered approach to various mathematical activities and to explore different mathematical ideas. The exploration also allows students to work without the time constraints of a written examination and to develop the skills they need for communicating mathematical ideas.
This course is a demanding one, requiring students to study a broad range of mathematical topics through a number of different approaches and to varying degrees of depth. Students wishing to study mathematics in a less rigorous environment should therefore opt for one of the standard level courses, mathematics SL or mathematical studies SL. Students who wish to study an even more rigorous and demanding course should consider taking further mathematics HL in addition to mathematics HL.
Topic 1 | Algebra.
Topic 2 | Functions and equations.
Topic 3 | Circular functions and trigonometry.
Topic 4 | Vectors.
Topic 5 | Statistics and probability.
Topic 6 | Calculus.
Option syllabus content | Students must study one of the following options.
Topic 7 | Statistics and probability.
Topic 8 | Sets, relations and groups.
Topic 9 | Calculus.
Topic 10 | Discrete mathematics.
Hornsby, NSW 2077, Australia
The Platinum Advantage
- Full year Mathematics courses in accordance with the NEW IB curriculum.
- Complete detailed Mathematics HL coverage on every core topic.
- Email support for students that have questions outside of Mathematics HL class times.
- Complementary problem solving tutorials with our IB Mathematics specialised tutors.
- Telephone tutor support for IB Mathematics HL students that require help while studying at home.
- Regular IB Mathematics HL practice topic, examinations covering the whole curriculum.
- Helping IB students with school work and assignments.
- Weekly IB Mathematics HL homework is given to students that is checked.
- Extra question time before and after Mathematics HL classes.
- Individual study plans for IB students to help them utilise their time effectively.
- An option of one-on-one IB Mathematics tutoring or classes.
- Exam planning and maximising IB scores.