HSC Mathematics Tutoring (Ext 1) Specialists
Our Mathematics tutors provide 100% support to students in Sydney and specialise in HSC Mathematics tutoring and all levels of University Mathematics . We are very science oriented and our Mathematics tutors are qualified and dedicated to teaching HSC Mathematics Ext 1 at the highest standard
Our HSC Mathematics Ext 1 Tutoring Service
The HSC Mathematics tutoring service that we provide extends beyond the classroom to help students enjoy the subjects that they study while creating an atmosphere of enthusiastic learning and creative thinking. This highly beneficial learning environment is achieved by providing students with the following.
Platinum Education Australia is an established organisation dedicated to provide Sydney students with 100% support to be accepted into the University degree of their choice. Our reliable and solid academic knowledge and teaching experience ensures students are well prepared for school examinations.
About the Course
The content of this course, which includes the whole of Mathematics, and its depth of treatment as specified in the Board of Studies Syllabus indicate that it is intended for students who have demonstrated a mastery of the skills included in the School Certificate mathematics course and who are interested in the study of further skills and ideas in mathematics.
The Mathematics Extension 1 course is intended to give these students a thorough understanding of, and competence in, aspects of mathematics including many which are applicable to the real world. The course has general educational merit and is also useful for concurrent studies of science, industrial arts and commerce. It is a recommended minimum basis for further studies in mathematics as a major discipline at a tertiary level, and for the study of mathematics in support of the physical and engineering sciences.
Although the Mathematics Extension 1 course is sufficient for these purposes, it is recommended that students of outstanding mathematical ability should consider undertaking the Extension 2 course.
Topic 1 | Coordinate methods in geometry.
Topic 2 | Applications of geometrical properties.
Topic 3 | Geometrical applications of differentiation.
Topic 4 | Integration.
Topic 5 | Trigonometric functions (including applications of trigonometric ratios).
Topic 6 | Logarithmic and exponential functions.
Topic 7 | Applications of calculus to the physical world.
Topic 8 | Probability.
Topic 9 | Series & Series applications.
Additional topics required for the Mathematics Extension 1 course
Topic 10 | Methods of integration.
Topic 11 | Primitive of sin 2x and cos 2x.
Topic 12 |
Topic 13 | Velocity and acceleration as a function of x.
Topic 14 | Projectile motion.
Topic 15 | Simple harmonic motion.
Topic 16 | Inverse functions and inverse trigonometric functions.
Topic 17 | Induction.
Topic 18 | Binomial theorem.
Topic 19 | Further probability.
Topic 20 | Iterative methods for numerical estimation of the roots of a polynomial equation.
Topic 21 | Harder applications of HSC Mathematics topics.
Hornsby, NSW 2077, Australia
The Platinum Advantage
- Full year Mathematics Ext 1 courses in accordance with the NEW HSC syllabus.
- Complete detailed HSC Mathematics Ext 1 coverage on every core topic.
- Email support for students that have questions outside of Mathematics Ext 1 class times.
- Complementary problem solving tutorials with our HSC Mathematics Ext 1 specialised tutors.
- Telephone tutor support for HSC Mathematics Ext 1 students that require help while studying at home.
- Regular HSC Mathematics Ext 1 practice topic, examinations covering the whole curriculum.
- Helping HSC students with school work and assignments.
- Weekly Mathematics Ext 1 homework is given to students that is checked.
- Extra question time before and after Mathematics Ext 1 classes.
- Individual study plans for HSC students to help them utilise their time effectively.
- An option of one-on-one HSC Mathematics Ext 1 tutoring or classes.
- Exam planning and maximising ATAR score.