IB Chemistry Tutoring (SL) Specialists
Our Chemistry tutors provide 100% support to students in Sydney and specialise in IB Chemistry tutoring and all levels of University Chemistry. We are very science oriented and our Chemistry tutors are qualified and dedicated to teaching Chemistry SL at the highest standard.
Our Chemistry Tutoring (SL) Service
The Chemistry SL tutoring service that we provide extends beyond the classroom to help students enjoy the subjects that they study while creating an atmosphere of enthusiastic learning and creative thinking. This highly beneficial learning environment is achieved by providing students with the following:
Platinum Education Australia is an established organisation dedicated to provide Sydney students with 100% support to be accepted into the University degree of their choice. Our reliable and solid academic knowledge and teaching experience ensures students are well prepared for school examinations.
About the IB Chemistry SL Course
Chemistry is an experimental science that combines academic study with the acquisition of practical and investigational skills. Chemical principles underpin both the physical environment in which we live and all biological systems. Chemistry is often a prerequisite for many other courses in higher education, such as medicine, biological science and environmental science.
Both theory and practical work should be undertaken by all students as they complement one another naturally, both in school and in the wider scientific community. The DP chemistry course allows students to develop a wide range of practical skills and to increase facility in the use of mathematics. It also allows students to develop interpersonal and information technology skills, which are essential to life in the 21st century.
By studying chemistry students should become aware of how scientists work and communicate with each other. While the scientific method may take on a wide variety of forms, it is the emphasis on a practical approach through experimental work that characterizes the subject. Teachers provide students with opportunities to develop manipulative skills, design investigations, collect data, analyse results and evaluate and communicate their findings.
Core syllabus content | Students must study all of the following.
Topic 1 | Stoichiometric relationships.
Topic 2 | Atomic structure.
Topic 3 | Periodicity.
Topic 4 | Chemical bonding and structure.
Topic 5 | Energetics/thermochemistry.
Topic 6 | Chemical kinetics.
Topic 7 | Equilibrium.
Topic 8 | Acids and bases.
Topic 9 | Redox processes.
Topic 10 | Organic chemistry.
Topic 11 | Measurement and data processing.
Option syllabus content | Students must study one of the following options.
A | Materials.
B | Biochemistry.
C | Energy.
D | Medicinal chemistry.
Hornsby, NSW 2077, Australia
The Platinum Advantage
- Full year Chemistry courses in accordance with the NEW IB curriculum.
- Complete detailed Chemistry SL coverage on every core topic.
- Email support for students that have questions outside of Chemistry class times.
- Complementary problem solving tutorials with our IB Chemistry SL specialised tutors.
- Telephone tutor support for IB Chemistry SL students that require help while studying at home.
- Regular IB Chemistry SL practice topic, examinations covering the whole curriculum.
- Helping IB students with school work and assignments.
- Weekly IB Chemistry SL homework is given to students that is checked.
- Extra question time before and after Chemistry classes.
- Individual study plans for IB students to help them utilise their time effectively.
- An option of one-on-one IB Chemistry tutoring or classes.
- Exam planning and maximising IB scores.